- RSS Channel Showcase 8425286
- RSS Channel Showcase 3102112
- RSS Channel Showcase 2909297
- RSS Channel Showcase 4698289
Articles on this Page
- 06/04/10--08:57: _Succession Planning...
- 02/23/11--09:30: _Ten Ways To Make Yo...
- 08/11/12--11:30: _New to Practice?
- 09/04/13--07:41: _Don’t Quit Your Day...
- 09/11/13--07:30: _You’re a Lawyer, No...
- 02/21/14--08:07: _Did You Know You’re...
- 06/18/14--07:38: _What Form Should Yo...
- 07/07/14--08:09: _7 Tips to Becoming ...
- 08/01/14--07:48: _Opening a Law Pract...
- 04/11/16--08:03: _Starting Your Law P...
- 08/03/16--08:02: _Got Questions About...
- 08/24/16--08:02: _The Big Switch: Ans...
- 06/04/10--08:57: Succession Planning for Your Law Practice
- 02/23/11--09:30: Ten Ways To Make Your Law Practice Successful
- 08/11/12--11:30: New to Practice?
- 02/21/14--08:07: Did You Know You’re in the Service Industry?
- 06/18/14--07:38: What Form Should Your Law Practice Take?
- 07/07/14--08:09: 7 Tips to Becoming a Great Legal Networker
- 08/01/14--07:48: Opening a Law Practice? Pay Attention to Tax Issues
- 04/11/16--08:03: Starting Your Law Practice: Taking the First Steps
- 08/03/16--08:02: Got Questions About Switching Practice Areas? Ask Away!
- 08/24/16--08:02: The Big Switch: Answers to Questions about Changing Practice Areas
Like most people, many attorneys fail to plan for their own retirement, disability, or death. Developing an effective succession plan can be time consuming, but doing so will greatly benefit your family, clients, employees, and professional reputation. There are two primary types of succession plans: Intrafirm succession, which requires finding a successor who may be an existing associate […]
Julie BrookSuccession_49925893Bookmark and Share
The following is from guest blogger Helen Leah Conroy, an Internet and commercial transaction lawyer who since 2001 has built a successful small firm practice. It turns out that law school doesn’t teach you everything you need to know about how to make a law practice successful. Here are ten important — but sometimes overlooked — […]
Being new to law practice can be scary. The first time you enter a courtroom, or even a deposition, can be very intimidating. Practice is so much easier for new attorneys when they have the tools and support that they need. That’s where CEB comes in! The Basics Conference offers practical guidance on issues from setting up your law […]
The following is a guest blog post by Benjamin Scott. Ben is a solo estate planning attorney, a graduate of Concord Law School, a former high school physics teacher, and a father of three. When starting a law practice there are no guarantees of success, and going solo is a huge risk. Keeping another job […]
The following is a guest blog post by Benjamin Scott. Ben is a solo estate planning attorney, a graduate of Concord Law School, a former high school physics teacher, and a father of three. There are advantages of working another job while starting a solo law practice, but after a year of trying this experiment, I […]
Thought law practice was all about the law? Think again. Your practice is like any other business—you need to offer excellent customer service to be a success. Here are some tips to help you master the art of customer service. In this short video clip, attorney Galia Aharoni of HG Business Law, LLP explains the […]
When starting your own law practice in California, one of your first decisions is what business form to use—should your practice be a sole proprietorship, a partnership, or a corporation? Don’t underestimate the importance of this choice! The form of business you choose for your law practice can make a big difference. Each form provides […]
The following is a guest blog post by Anabella Q. Bonfa. Ms. Bonfa is a litigator with Wellman & Warren LLP and has built a reputation for handling business and partnership disputes, theft of trade secrets, and unfair competition. She lectures extensively on trade secrets, networking, and using social media to develop business. The legal […]
You’ve decided to open your own law office and are ready for your clients’ cases, but are you also ready to handle the tax issues that go hand-in-hand with running your own business? Here’s an overview of some tax issues to keep in mind when starting your law practice: Withhold from employee pay. If you […]
The following is a guest blog post by Jeremy M. Evans, Managing Attorney at California Sports Lawyer, representing sports and entertainment professionals in contract drafting, negotiations, licensing, and career growth. “Those who never try or quit too early end up working for those who tried and never quit.” True in any business and life in […]
The following is a guest blog post by Laura Boysen-Aragon, a former practicing attorney and now a legal recruiter at Solutus Legal Search, LLC. This blog entry is the first of a two-part series. Please submit your questions as a comment below or by email to blogQ&A@ceb.ucla.edu and Ms. Boysen-Aragon will respond in her next installment. […]
The following is a guest blog post by Laura Boysen-Aragon, a former practicing attorney and now a legal recruiter at Solutus Legal Search, LLC. This blog entry is the second of a two-part series, in response to questions submitted by our readers after our first installment. So you’ve decided it’s time to make a change […]